The show begins 2 months before the Wildfire Virus goes global (2 Months Before the Beginning of Fear The Walking Dead around the same time Rick is shot) as strange cases begin to pop up around the United States as the CDC fights to keep the virus in check before it goes global and causes the collapse of modern civilization. The story centers around people in the small town of New Wilmington, PA as they go about their daily lives, having no idea that an undead apocalypse is about to begin.
College student Eve Murphy finally comes back to her hometown for summer vacation after having been at school in Pittsburgh for 3 years as her estranged father Sheriff Joel Murphy deals with a strange illness that has popped up in town that seems to be bringing the dead back to life.
Meanwhile, across the state border 25 miles away at a Army Base in Youngstown, Ohio Sgt. Eric Murphy, the estranged son of Joel and brother of Eve, and his fellow brothers in arms struggle to keep order in the city after a terrorist attack occurs.
This cast list is subject to change as the first season airs. If you would like to see future roles or suggest an actor for an upcoming role -> Finding Eden MyCast page
- Victoria Pedretti as Eve Murphy
- Sean Bean as Joel Murphy
- Jensen Ackles as Eric Murphy
- Ella Purnell as Rachel Turner
- Jimmy Tatro as Scott Bell
- Charlie Cox as Chris Barnes
- Matthew Macfadyen as Mason White
- Ed Speleers as Zack Gibson
- Noah Emmerich as Edwin Jenner
- Claire Bronson as Candace Jenner
- Alison Brie as Olivia Mills
- Jean Reno as Louis Descartes
- John Leguizamo as Dante Navarro
- Veronica Falcon as Manuela Hawkins
- Don Cheadle as Landon Robinson
- The Series was announced on July 14, 2021 with a release date set for Late 2021, but the first episode was eventually released July 23, 2021 for critic reviews.
- Working title was "The Chosen Few" but was changed as the title was too similar to another series "The Chosen Five".
- The Pilot's name was confirmed as "Homecoming" on July 18, 2021.
- Ben Mendelsohn and Charlie Cox joining the cast was announced on July 18, 2021.
- The Series is a spin off of AMC's The Walking Dead and set during the outset of the walking dead virus similar to Fear The Walking Dead. Although Fear The Walking Dead begins as the virus goes global Finding Eden is set 2 months beforehand as the virus is starting to pop up all over the United States.
- The creator (AP195) has stated that Edwin and Candace Jenner are the only characters from The Walking Dead that will appear in this show. He also stated that no actors from The Walking Dead will appear aside from Noah Emmerich and Claire Bronson.
- The last 4 episodes of Season 1 were postponed due to the season airing earlier than planned.